These are the easiest pancakes ever, especially if you use a mix like I did. We go to a wonderful breakfast place here in Orlando called First Watch and they make the best banana and granola pancakes. I’m a die-hard blueberry pancake girl but when I go to First Watch, I always get their crunchy banana and granola pancakes.
To try to duplicate their pancakes, I used Bob’s Red Mill Buttermilk Pancake and Waffle mix. Usually I make my pancakes from scratch but I’ve been eager to try this pancake mix so this seemed like the perfect opportunity.
The pancakes are a pretty close representation to what I’ve had at First Watch. I think next time I’ll add the bananas and granola to my own buttermilk pancake recipe. I like a delicate pancake and these were a little heavy but still really tasty! Oh, and I used my own homemade granola but you can use whatever type you like.
What’re your favorite pancakes?
Mix the egg, pancake mix, milk and oil in a bowl.
Banana Crunch Pancakes
- 1 cup pancake mix
- 1 large organic egg
- 3/4 cup organic, whole milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1/2 cup granola
- Mix first four ingredients until just blended. Be careful to not over mix the batter, a few lumps are good.
- Ladle about 1/3 to 1/2 cup of mixture onto griddle, you’ll have between 4 and 6 pancakes.
- Place several banana slices and a tablespoon or so of granola on each pancake. Press in lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Cook for a few minutes until little bubbles appear on the surface. Flip pancakes over.
- Cook for a few more minutes. Serve with butter and pure maple syrup, honey or homemade jam.