It’s nearly Mother’s Day and if you’re a procrastinator like I am, you might not’ve gotten anything yet for your mom. But it’s not too late! There’s still time to bless mom with something amazing!
These are a few of my absolute favorite services I love and use everyday and also an incredible women’s conference I’m blessed to be part of this year. I’ve also included a few recipes that would be perfect for breakfast in bed or a fun Mother’s Day dinner!
In the interest of full disclosure, 2 of these links are affiliate links meaning, if you join, I will earn a small commission to help keep this blog going. They are marked with an asterisk
Oh, I almost forgot–my daughter Francesca just launched a brand new blog a few weeks ago. It’s called Honeycomb and it’s just beautiful! Here’s how she describes it: “This is a space where I share bits and pieces of my life as a mom. I’m a mom who travels over 150 days a year, so that will play into some of my posts, but mostly, I want this to be a space where I can document my family’s adventures, share whole and healthy recipes with you that our family loves, share DIY health and beauty products I and my friends create, and share what Jesus is doing in our lives! We are not perfect, and we promise to be honest about that!”
I hope you’ll visit her new online space. I think you’ll really love it!
My Favorite Things
1– This is my absolute favorite Streaming Workout Membership. $79.90 If your mom is into fitness and likes to work out, or, if she’s been talking about wanting to start working out, then I can’t recommend Suzanne Bowen Fitness highly enough. I discovered Suzanne’s workouts about a year ago and they’ve changed my life! Suzanne is absolutely lovely, smart and completely non-threatening. I aim to do her workouts everyday and I am so much stronger than I was a year ago!
Her workouts can be adjusted to all levels of fitness and here’s what I’ve noticed in working out with Suzanne: my body is strong! I’m able to do things today I couldn’t do a year ago. I’m much more flexible and my body is getting more and more toned. Whether or not your mom has been working out a long time or just starting out, I promise you, she will love doing Suzanne’s daily streaming workouts. I turned 60 last year and if I can do it, your mom can too! A yearly membership is $79.90. There are other membership options and a free trial as well. In addition, she’s starting a brand new challenge Monday May 11th!
2-An amazing conference coming up in October: Raising Generations Today Conference: October 22-24th, 2015 “Raising Generations Today is an annual conference designed to equip and inspire moms to reach the hearts of their children for the glory of God. Through providing valuable resources, inspirational speakers, practical teaching materials, and the connection of moms in every season of parenting, Raising Generations Today will offer hope to women so that they may embrace and thrive in their roles as moms.”
I’m delighted to be one of the Keynote speakers at the conference in Rochester, New York this year along with Holly Gerth, Lisa Jo Baker and September McCarthy, the conference hostess and founder. I guarantee it’s going to be an amazing weekend of fellowship, laughter, learning and growing in our relationship with our Father! Get a ticket for yourself and bring your mom! Special Mother’s Day pricing now through May 11th. I hope you’ll join us–I know it will be life-changing and I’d so love to see you there!
*3-My new favorite online place to shop for healthy food! Thrive Market–Thrive market is a brand new online marketplace for healthy, natural foods offering the best selling natural and organic products at wholesale prices through a $60 a year membership. Think Costco meets Whole Foods online and for every paid subscription, Thrive donates one subscription to a low-income American family! From Paleo and Gluten Free to vegan and raw to non-GMO and certified organic choices, Thrive has you covered at savings of 25-50%! Give your mom (and yourself) the gift of health with a membership to Thrive!
Between Thrive Market and my local Farmer’s Market, I can take care of pretty much all my grocery needs every week!
*4- Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial Are you a Prime member? If not, you need to know about it because it’s one of the greatest things ever! Every time you’re shopping on Amazon and you see the Prime logo (and it’s available on millions of items) it means you get free 2-day shipping on that item. There’s no minimum you have to spend or buy. For example, an item can be $5.00 on Amazon but if it’s Prime, it’s free 2-day shipping! If you absolutely must have it the next day, you can upgrade to one day shipping for just $3.99. Incredible! Here are the reasons I love Amazon Prime:
- Free 2-day shipping on millions of items on Amazon.
- You can share your membership – Amazon Prime Members can share the shipping benefits of Prime with up to four additional family members living in the same household, or up to four co-workers.
- Unlimited instant streaming of movies and TV episodes. Use your Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial to stream Amazon Instant Videos on any compatible device as long as it’s signed into an Amazon account. You can stream movies and all kinds of recent TV episodes.
- Kindle owner’s lending library. If you have an Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial you can borrow books from the Kindle Owners’ Lending Library and read them on your Kindle device.
- Amazon Prime 30-Day Free Trial You can try it for 30 days before you commit. During the trial you will get all of the benefits of a full membership including free two-day shipping, borrowing books from the Kindle Owner’s Lending Library for free, and unlimited instant streaming of movies and TV shows. And if you are a student, for sure you want to consider a 6 month free trial! I order from Amazon every week and I’ve saved hundreds of dollars on shipping!
Make something special for your Mom this Mother’s Day! Here are some of my favorite sweet recipes I just know mom will love!:
- Banana Nut Streusel Sour Cream Muffins
- Blueberry Muffins
- French Toast Muffins
- Banana Crunch Pancakes
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
- Gluten Free Strawberry Shortcake
- Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes
- Dense and Luscious Carrot Cake
- Apple Pumpkin Gluten Free Muffins
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Lemon Ricotta Cheesecake
Here are some great dinner options:
- Chicken Marsala
- Lasagna with Meatballs, Spinach and Bechamel sauce
- Balsamic Chicken in the Crockpot
- Chicken Under a Brick–Tuscan Style
- Salmon w/Dill Sauce & Roast Asparagus