This has to be one of the freshest tasting, most summery salads I know and it’s a perfect compliment to grilled burgers and grilled corn on the cob. Cool and refreshing and with a little chopped jalapeno, it’s got just enough kick to make it the perfect party side dish. Enjoy!
Add a light dressing and mix all together.
Kitchen Princess Watermelon Salad with Feta, red onion, cilantro and jalapeno – Ingredients
- 2 cups chopped watermelon
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- Juice from half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tablespoon or honey
- 3/4 cup olive oil
Kitchen Princess Watermelon Salad – Method
- Chop the onion, jalapeno and cilantro. Add to the chopped watermelon.
- Add the feta cheese.
- Mix together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, honey and olive oil. Taste and adjust flavors.
- Add about half the dressing to the salad. Add more if it’s too dry.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Try blue cheese instead of feta.
- Vidalia onion would be great and it’s a little milder than the red onion.
- Use parsley instead of cilantro if you like. Or fresh mint.
- The dressing is great with lime instead of lemon.
How do you cool off on a hot day?