This is my favorite way to eat corn on the cob. It is amazingly delicious, smoky and sweet.
One caveat however. Make sure you buy organic corn only. Did you know that over 85% of conventional corn grown in the US is GMO or genetically modified? You don’t want to eat GMO foods, trust me.
I love the smoky taste of grilled corn but I was afraid that by grilling them, they would go up in flames before my eyes. Lo and behold, not only did they NOT go up in flames but they tasted fantastic! Hot and smoky and delicious! A great addition to your family barbecue .
Ta-da! Grilled corn on the cob with garlic butter!
My new favorite way of making corn on the cob.
Grilled Corn on the Cob with Garlic Butter
- 4 ears organic corn on the cob
- 4 tablespoons softened organic butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced or put through a garlic press
- Heat grill to medium high.
- Partially shuck ears of corn, removing all the silk but leaving the husks intact.
- Mix the softened butter with the garlic.
- Slather each ear of corn with garlic butter.
- Put the husks back on the corn.
- Tie the top of the ear with a leftover corn husk.
- Place ears on grill. Close grill. Turn ears every 5 minutes for about 20 minutes. Ears will be charred.
- Carefully remove very hot husks.
- Serve with more butter, salt and pepper.
- Some folks don’t bother covering the ears in the husks, they just throw the ears of corn on the grill naked. It’s up to you!
- Others will soak the corn and husks in water for 30 minutes or so before grilling.
- You don’t have to add the garlic butter but I like to.
- Pesto would be wonderful on grilled corn on the cob!
Do you grill corn on the cob? How do you like to do it? You know I LOVE your comments so feel free to share! And, happy grilling!