These are the foods I cook with every day! I recommend them with no reservations unless otherwise noted. In order to be fully transparent, I’m an Amazon Affiliate which means I receive a small commission when you purchase any of these products through my Amazon link.
I also purchase a lot of these items through Thrive Market, a brand new online provider of pantry staples for all kinds of diets: paleo, gluten free, raw, moms, and vegan. Think Costco or Amazon for healthy and organic foods!
Here’s the link http://thrv.me/Hn1nqU and once you become a member, you can share your link with family and friends. You register for free and receive 15% off your first order. You get a 30 day free trial and then if you like it, you can join. They charge a yearly membership fee of $59.95 but in my opinion, it’s totally worth it because the prices are much lower than Whole Foods or Amazon so the savings will add up in no time!
The money I earn from these affiliate links helps to offset the expenses associated with running a website. I appreciate your support more than you know!
- Simply Organic Peppercorn Medley
- Real Salt Sea Salt
- Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- San-J Tamari Gluten Free Soy Sauce
- Bragg Liquid Aminos – All Purpose Seasoning
- Organic Raw Honey: Trader Joe’s Organic Raw Honey (Do not feed to children under one year old)
- Annie’s Homegrown Organic Dijon Mustard, 9 oz
- Vegenaise – the purple one made with Grapeseed oil (refrigerated section)
- Organic Ketchup: Annie’s Naturals Organic Ketchup
- Kirkland Signature Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Organic Molasses Unsulphured – 32 oz.
- 100% Pure Organic Maple Syrup, Grade B, 32-oz.
- Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, get this at Costco if you can because it’s cheapest there. If not get it here: Carrington Farms Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Organic Apple Cider Vinegar: Bragg Apple Cider Vinegar Organic Raw
- Organic Balsamic Vinegar
- Organic White Wine Vinegar
- Purity Farm Ghee (Clarified Butter)
- WICKED JO: 12 oz, Dark Organic French Roast Coffee, Whole Bean Arabica Coffee
- NO FUN JO DECAF: 12 oz, Medium Dark Roast, Whole Bean Arabica Coffee, USDA Certified Organic Decaf Coffee, NON-GMO, Fair Trade Certified, Swiss Water Process Decaf,
- Flour – Organic only – gluten-free, corn meal, buckwheat, etc. I love the Bob’s Red Mill brand, Cup4Cup and King Arthur Flour Gluten Free brands
- Sprouted Spelt Flour
- Einkorn Wheat flour (Einkorn is the ancient strain of wheat our ancestors would have eaten.)
- Sugar – Organic only – brown sugar, confectioners sugar, molasses, organic raw honey (do not feed to children under one year old), agave nectar.
- Coconut Palm Sugar-I use this almost exclusively now. It’s low glycemic so it’s a perfect choice for baking. It tastes like brown sugar.
- Vanilla – Only real, NEVER imitation! You can make your own with a small bottle filled with vodka and 3 vanilla beans split down the middle. Takes about 3 months to be ready and then, just add more vodka when you are running low. It will last you forever.
- Chocolate – Organic only-chips, baking, semi-sweet, dark.
- Organic Baking soda, baking powder, cornstarch (anything made with corn if not organic is GMO or genetically modified, sea salt
- Organic raisins, dried cranberries, cherries, banana chips, unsulfured fruit
- Organic raw nuts – almonds, pecans,walnuts, pine nuts, pistachios, peanuts, etc.
- Dried unsweetened coconut (you can get shredded coconut and coconut flakes at Whole Foods)
- Rice – Organic only – brown, basmati (makes your house smell like popcorn when it’s cooking), jasmine, white, short grain for risotto, wild rice
- Pasta – I use the gluten free tagliatelle pasta from Jovial Foods:Jovial Organic Gluten Free Brown Rice Pasta, Egg Tagliatelle. My husband is Italian and this is the ONLY gluten free pasta he will eat! It tastes the most like conventional pasta of any I’ve found. We don’t have it often but every once in a while, we have to make Mike’s Famous Meatballs, the best on the planet!
- Quinoa, white or red
- I use very few canned goods but if I don’t have any homemade broth frozen, I do use canned chicken and beef broth – organic only. I like the ones in boxes.
- Organic crushed tomatoes, tomato puree and tomato paste.
- Canned beans, organic: garbanzo, black, cannelini, great northern, kidney, baked beans
- I don’t use any canned vegetables.
- I make all my own soups and I make large batches so I have enough to freeze.
- Canned pineapple for my carrot cake
- Organic tomato sauce
Cereals and Grains
- Homemade Granola, H
- Organic popcorn, unpopped.. If not organic it IS GMO!
- Organic corn chips
- Gluten Free Crackers
I have a whole drawer of spices. All kinds. Organic only. Check them from time to time and replace at least yearly or when they lose their zing! Keep them away from light and heat.
It’s a pretty simple pantry! But it might require you to make some changes. Change is good! I really don’t want to consume anything made with Genetically Modified ingredients. It’s definitely worth educating yourself about this issue. It’s getting harder and harder to find foods without some genetic modification so I buy organic 95% of the time for safety. If you’re just starting out on the organic lifestyle, begin with your meat and dairy products and then move to fruits and vegetables.