It’s getting busy with the holiday season barreling down on us all of a sudden! It doesn’t even seem possible Christmas is in just 2 1/2 weeks!
I’m busy baking and excited to post some Gluten Free cookie and cake recipes this coming week. I’ll be experimenting with King Arthur Flour and trying out several of their baking blends. I’ll keep you posted on my results.
Lots of posts this week and in case you missed any, they’re all here in one place.
- First up, On Purpose and Brokenness “We’re all broken somewhere. But in the broken places of our lives lie the beautiful, fearful fragments of our purpose. God alone can glue them together anew with a fresh look and a new resolve. He alone can take the shattered and make them sure. He can drive our dream back to the realm of the possible….”
- Next, The Place Between the Going and the Showing. “When we’re willing to let God help Himself to our lives, there’s no telling where we’ll ultimately end up. It can be a scary place, the place in-between, the space between the going and the showing. It’s in this place where we learn to trust and I won’t kid you, it’s not an easy place, not at all….”
- There’s a post I did a couple of weeks ago for Raising Generations Today I thought you might want to see. It’s called Finding Beauty in the Small “We become so focused on the future, we miss right now.We forget an important truth: Big lives are found in lots of small moments. Jesus lived the biggest ‘small’ life in history. He walked. He taught. He built. He wept. He ate. He healed. He laughed. He led. He cried. He loved. He found beauty in the small….”
Here are my recipe links for last week:
- An easy chocolate candy with no cooking other than melting chocolate! French Chocolate Bark This makes a great hostess gift!
- A main dish that’s not only simple to prepare but incredibly flavorful and classic Italian: Easy and Elegant Chicken Marsala
Now for some of my favorite Christmas Cookies:
- Spicy crisp Gingersnaps - These are the crispiest and most gingery of all the gingersnaps I’ve ever made! And with a little cayenne and black pepper, they put the snap back in gingersnap!
- Candy Cane Crisps-Kid friendly Christmas Cookie How about a buttery, crispy, hint of peppermint, easy-to-make, kid friendly Christmas cookie that will elicit raves from everybody who tries one? Candy Cane Crisps are easy and fun to make and are a great recipe to make with kids and no rolling out required!
- Shortbread Cookies Three Ways During the holidays my heart turns to Shortbread. Simple, only 5 ingredients, sweet, with endless variations and my dad’s favorite. His family came over from Scotland and Shortbread was always his go-to cookie. I think of him when I bake them and I like to think he would enjoy some of the variations I make. Simplicity is good and Shortbread is about as simple as you can get.
- Oatmeal Cookies with Pecans and Cranberries Some things just make you feel all warm and homey inside. Things like warm oatmeal cookies, crisp on the outside and full of chewy goodness on the inside. I make mine with dried cranberries instead of raisins, perfect for the holiday season.
I’ll be adding more this week. I’m hoping to add Jam Thumbprints, Biscotti, Pecan Crescents, Rugelach and these amazing chocolate chunk cookies from the incredible Dorie Greenspan. I can’t even begin to tell you how good they are!
Oh, and you might be looking for something fabulous for Christmas morning and I think I’ve got you covered! Homemade Cinnamon Rolls are so much better than poppin’ fresh dough! They’re really ‘semi-homemade’ because you use the bread dough (Bridgeford) you buy in the freezer section at the grocery store to make these super easy to do.