If you love tomatoes, here’s a super simple summer salad with all the wonderful tastes of the season!
- 3 tomatoes or a container of cherry tomatoes, removing whatever seeds you can remove.
- One vidalia or red onion
- ½ cup of basil
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Chop up the tomatoes or a container of cherry tomatoes, removing whatever seeds you can.
- Chop the onion into small pieces.
- Chop basil into small pieces
- Chop 2 cloves of garlic or put them through a garlic press
- Put everything in a nice bowl and shake on some salt and pepper, drizzle the olive oil and splash on the balsamic...and enjoy summer in every bite!!
Kate’s tips: If you don’t love basil, use parsley or whatever fresh herb you like. Vidalia onions are sweet so I love to use those instead of regular yellow onions. Instead of the balsamic, a squeeze of fresh lemon juice is lovely too!