Two years ago you crept in and stole my heart. I knew I’d love you but hardly expected you would utterly melt my heart. Completely, unashamedly.
You’re only 2 and you probably won’t remember this day but nevertheless, it’s important. Because it marks the day God brought you here and the day He changed me forever. My role grew exponentially from wife, mom, sister, aunt, cousin, and friend to include the greatest title ever on the planet: Mimi!
Matthew Elijah, you are my heartbeat. I never had the chance to raise a son but having you in my life, getting to play with you, cook for you, sing you to sleep, hug and love you blesses me more than you will ever know.
I can already see your personality forming. You’re a happy boy, pretty laid back and go-with-the-flow, (most of the time anyway;), curious but quick to listen. Your precious hugs and kisses and ‘I wuv oo” slay me to the ground. I miss you so when you’re away on tour with mommy and daddy.
I know God has an amazing, startling plan for your life. He is always with you and I can’t wait till you get to know Him. You are going to love Him so much! I’m certain you will delight in Him always.
Here’s my prayer for you:
- I pray that you will come to know Christ at an early age and relentlessly pursue Him until your last breath.
- I pray you will know your calling early and you will follow hard after it.
- I pray that you will dream big, pray hard and love ferociously every day you’re on this planet.
- I pray that your life will be marked with humility, honesty and integrity. Living like that will require you to go against the flow but you are incredibly strong.
- I pray that maintaining purity will be important to you. In your body, mind and spirit. The culture will try to drag you down but I’m praying you will always be strong and resist every temptation.
- I know you will have a great sense of humor and an ability to make people laugh. I’m excited about that! I pray you’ll use that gift to bless others and help them during tough times.
- I pray you’ll be a generous man. You will give to others no matter what because you’ll know that everything you have, everything you’ve been given is His anyway.
- I pray, like your mom and dad, you’ll be a world changer. Your life is incredibly important to God and He has something special that only you can do. In fact, before the foundation of the world He created you to do it.
- I pray you will always use wisdom with your words. Words either build up or tear down, they either speak life or death. Choose carefully.
- I pray you’ll continue to grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man.
- I pray you’ll have a strong sense of discernment and an ability to clearly hear God’s voice.
- I pray you will honor your mother and father that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
- I pray you will always love and protect your precious little sister, Audrey Jane.
- No matter what God calls you to do, I pray you’ll do it fearlessly. Or, just do it afraid. But do it.
- I pray you will do the right thing, even when it costs you.
- I pray you will be a man of your word and a man who will honor his commitments.
- I pray you will never be afraid to believe the impossible.
- I pray you will live like you mean it.