You’ve got a big event coming up or, maybe you’ve been invited to a holiday party and asked to bring something. What on earth should you make?
Let me suggest these super easy and incredibly delicious party sandwiches! They’re a huge crowd pleaser and the best part? You can customize the recipe in several different ways.
Kids LOVE these so consider making a batch to freeze (don’t add the onions till you bake them) and bake ’em up when you need them.
See Kate’s Tips below for combo ideas.
- 24 rolls, biscuits or ciabatta bread
- 1 pound deli meat of your choice, turkey, ham, roast beef all work well
- 1 pound provolone cheese, or cheese of your choice
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup dijon mustard
- 1 cup sweet pickles
- 1 ½ cups crispy onions
- 1 stick of melted butter to brush on top
- Cut rolls in half. Spread each half with mayonnaise/mustard mixture.
- Put a half slice of meat on one half of each roll.
- Put 2-3 pickles on top of the meat.
- Put one slice of cheese on top of the pickles, cut slice of cheese to fit the roll.
- Sprinkle on the onions, about ½ tablespoon on each sandwich.
- Put both halves together and brush the tops with melted butter.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until cheese melts and the tops are a little crispy.
- Expect everyone to rave!!
Use any combo of meat and cheese or, go vegetarian and use avocado, veggies and cheese. So easy, so delish!
These Easy Chicken Sliders are great for a party, too!
- Try ham and cheddar, turkey and swiss, or roast beef and provolone. Ham and pineapple, or turkey/bacon/avocado. Feel free to use any combo you like!
- I buy the French Hamburger Rolls from Publix. They work really well and have a little more heft to them than most dinner rolls.
- Try biscuits or ciabatta bread for a slightly different twist.
- If you’re prepping these in advance, don’t add the crispy onions. I lay the sandwiches out on sheet pans, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until I’m ready to heat them. Add the onions before you put them in the oven so they don’t get soggy.
- During the holidays, turkey and cranberry sauce with swiss cheese and the crispy onions would be amazing!
- Add crisp bacon to take these over the top.
- If you want to keep it vegetarian, try avocado, veggies, arugula, and cheese.
- Make them spicy and use pepper-jack cheese.
- When you serve these at your holiday party, I guarantee they’ll be the hit of the night!
- I use these Crispy Onions.
- This is the mayonnaise I use…and the dijon mustard.
- These organic bread and butter pickles are great.
- Try adding a teaspoon or so of worcestershire sauce to the mayo/mustard mixture.
- Feel free to add sliced banana peppers or a thin slice of a ripe tomato or pickled jalapenos. Try whatever you like!
- Roast pork and melty cheese would be great and meatballs and some sauce and mozzarella would be over the top amazing 🙂
- If your grocery store has gluten free buns, try those!