Fresh Raspberry Jam is the easiest jam you will ever make-I guarantee it! It totally tastes like summer in a jar, ruby red, sweet and richly raspberry. For busy folks who want a delicious and quick spread, this is it. No water bath necessary. And, only two ingredients!!!
It’s based on a recipe by Nigella Lawson from her wonderful cookbook, How to Be a Domestic Goddess: Baking and the Art of Comfort Cooking
Seriously, don’t you want to be a domestic goddess??
Fresh Raspberry Jam
- ½ pint of raspberries, preferably organic
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 1 eight oz. jar
- Preheat your oven to 350.
- Pour sugar into a glass pie plate or ovenproof bowl.
- Pour the raspberries into a 2nd pie plate.
- Put both in the oven and cook for 20-25 minutes so that they are very hot. The sugar will often look the same as when you put it in the oven but it is molten-hot! Keep away from the kids!
- Now, remove the 2 pie plates from the oven and carefully pour the hot sugar over the hot raspberries. The raspberries will melt from the heat of the sugar into a ruby red lake of pure raspberry heaven.
- Pour this into your very clean glass jar and let it cool. It will thicken as it cools.
- Put the jar in the fridge and enjoy the most intense and flavorful jam you have ever eaten!
- Spoon it over a cheesecake or ice cream, slather it on a scone, sandwich it between cake layers or do what I do and eat it with a spoon!
- When I make Fresh Raspberry Jam, I double the recipe and use 1 pint of berries, 2 cups of sugar and a 16 oz. jar.
- I don’t know if this recipe will work with any other berries but it just might with blueberries.