These are the easiest pancakes ever, especially if you use a mix like I did. We used to go to a wonderful breakfast place in Orlando called First Watch and they make the best banana and granola pancakes. I’m a die-hard blueberry pancake girl but when I go to First Watch, I always get their crunchy banana and granola pancakes.
To try to duplicate their pancakes, I used Bob’s Red Mill Organic 7 Grain Pancake & Waffle, Whole Grain Mix
Usually I make my pancakes from scratch but I’ve been eager to try this pancake mix so this was a perfect opportunity! Oh, and I used my own homemade Granola but you can use whatever type you like.
What’re your favorite pancakes?
Just about ready to flip over.
Banana Crunch Pancakes
- 1 cup pancake mix, gluten free if you like
- 1 large organic egg
- ¾ cup organic, whole milk
- 1 tablespoon coconut or grape seed oil
- 2 bananas, sliced
- ½ cup granola
- Mix first four ingredients until just blended. Be careful to not over mix the batter, a few lumps are good.
- Ladle about ⅓ to ½ cup of mixture onto griddle, you'll have between 4 and 6 pancakes.
- Place several banana slices and a tablespoon or so of granola on each pancake. Press in lightly with the back of a spoon.
- Cook for a few minutes until little bubbles appear on the surface. Flip pancakes over.
- Cook for a few more minutes. Serve with butter, syrup or fruit jam.
- Here’s a good gluten free pancake mix to try: Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Pancake Mix,
- I love using pure maple syrup only because it doesn’t have any high fructose corn syrup. I usually get mine at Costco but here’s another brand I love:Ben’s Sugar Shack Grade A Dark Amber Pure Maple Syrup.
- If you love pancakes, you might like Lemon Ricotta Pancakes or Pumpkin Pancakes with Butter Pecan Syrup, both are gluten free and easy to make!
- Here are my two favorite homemade jam recipes to go with your pancakes: Strawberry Jam the French Way, and Fresh Raspberry Jam.
[…] These aren’t gluten free but you can easily use a gluten free mix: Banana Crunch Pancakes […]
[…] Banana Crunch Pancakes […]