It’s fall so what do you say we celebrate with something pumpkin-y, spicy, sweet and buttery! Cool fall mornings call for warm, hearty pancakes. How do Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes & Butter Pecan Syrup sound? This is a super easy recipe to make and the Butter Pecan Syrup just takes them over the top! I’m using certified Gluten Free Oat Flour to make these and they are nice and cake-y, not like those rubbery-paleo-banana-egg concoctions most of us think of when we think paleo or gluten free pancakes.
These babies are super easy to make and the Butter Pecan Syrup is to die for delicious. Pour over pancakes, waffles, or french toast. It will also be divine over vanilla ice cream!
Some other fall breakfast options for you:
- Apple Pumpkin Gluten Free Muffins
- Banana Crunch Pancakes
- Banana Nut Streusel Sour Cream Muffins
- French Toast Muffins -( these would be especially good with the Butter Pecan Syrup)
- Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Blueberry Muffins
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes
Makes about twelve 3 inch cakes
- 1 cup certified Gluten Free Oat Flour or almond flour
- 1 teaspoon Rumford Baking Powder
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice or 1 teaspoon cinnamon, ½ teaspoon ground cloves, ½ teaspoon ginger, and ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Organic Canned Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 cup milk, coconut milk or almond milk
- 2 eggs
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk the pumpkin, milk & eggs together.
- Add the wet to the dry and blend thoroughly.
- Preheat a griddle or iron skillet.
- Drop batter by ¼ cup measure onto hot griddle. Cook about 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve hot with Butter Pecan Syrup.
Butter Pecan Syrup
Toast ½ cup pecans in a hot saucepan until fragrant, about 5 minutes, stirring continuously. Add 4 tablespoons butter and let it melt. Add 1 cup pure maple syrup and simmer for a few minutes.
Pour over warm Pumpkin Pancakes. Heavenly!!
- Add sliced bananas or crunchy granola, toasted coconut or raisins. Chocolate chips would be fun
- I use Rumford Baking Powder because it’s gluten free and aluminum free and Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free Whole Grain Oat Flour.
- In place of the oat flour you can use almond flour or spelt flour. Even regular flour will work fine.
- If you don’t love pumpkin, try applesauce instead. Add some chopped apples to the batter.
- This recipe makes fantastic waffles!
- Serve warm with crisp bacon and hot coffee!