BLACK BEANS WITH SMOKED HOT PAPRIKA
Have I shared with you just how much I adore Smoked Paprika? Oh my, smoky is just the beginning! What a heavenly aroma, gorgeous deep red color and the most amazing spicy and fabulous flavor!
My husband loves black beans and I’ve been making them a lot lately with onions and garlic. So I thought, what the heck, let’s add a little of this fancy spice and see what happens. May I just say, vegetarian black beans rose to a new level of wonderful!
The perfect adjective? SASSY!
Smoked paprika is a MUST TRY! A hot smoked paprika is sometimes available if you like the heat. This recipe is gluten free, vegan and goes perfectly with barbecued meats or a giant salad. It’s always a hit when I make it for company.
This recipe is:
- Quick to make
- Heart healthy
- Loaded with flavor
- Smoked hot paprika also works really well in scrambled eggs and is marvelous in hummus whether homemade or store bought. It’s also terrific on grilled or roasted vegetables, grilled chicken, soups, stews, roasted corn on the cob…. Experiment with it and I’m sure you’ll come up with some great recipes!
- Smoked Paprika Black Beans are fabulous for breakfast with a fried egg on top and a few slices of avocado. Amazing and packed with protein!
- You can also cut up and sauté some organic chicken sausage or Italian sausage to serve with this like I do in my Fresh Greens with Italian Sausage and Beans.
- You could throw in some chopped kale too to make this a super healthy ‘greens ‘n beans’ supper!
- These black beans are perfect in a vegan Buddha Bowl! I used the beans, roast sweet potato, my favorite easy quinoa and red & brown rice, grilled veggies, avocado and an easy homemade cilantro/lime sauce. So good!!
[…] Source: katebattistelli.com […]